For the carer (usually a family member or friend) of a person with motor neurone disease.
The Care for Carers program is a four-day program, held one day a week for four weeks. It explores the physical and emotional aspects of caring so you are better able to look after a person with motor neurone disease at home, while still taking care of yourself.
The aim of MND NSW Care for Carers program is to enable you to care for a person with motor neurone disease at home, while still taking care of yourself.
The Care for Carers program is for a family member or friend who is caring for a person with motor neurone disease. Participants attend one day a week, over four weeks (four sessions in all), Participants attend all sessions.
By the end of program you will be able to:
- explain what MND is
- identify key services and health professionals involved in MND care
- outline ways to manage your home environment
- outline how to manage physical effects caused by MND
- outline tips for the day-to-day care of a person with MND
- describe ways to maintain communication with and for the person with MND
- briefly outline how to deal with swallowing and saliva problems
- describe what it means to eat well with MND and with a PEG
- briefly describe the effects of MND on respiration, symptoms and treatments
- recognise key disability and comfort aids for current and future use.
There is no charge to attend this program but bookings are essential and places are limited. To find out when the next Care for Carers Workshop will be held see the calendar.
For more information and to book your place contact the MND NSW Info Line,