Palliative Care Australia has developed a mobile app, AllowMe!, to assist people to create a community of care around a person at the end of life. AllowMe! supports communities to care for people with a serious illness by making it easier to help in practical ways. Carers and care recipients can list tasks, events and visiting times to provide suggestions of how people can assist.
- Suggest tasks – carers can suggest practical tasks that their community can complete to help. Examples include: Grocery shopping, running errands, picking up a family member from school, providing a meal, mowing the lawn, or walking the dog.
- Create events – carers can keep track of events and medical appointments and request assistance from the community where required.
- Visiting times – communities can see when is a good time for people to visit and who else is going.
- News – community members can post updates for everyone to see.
- Medication List – Carers and care recipients can list their medications and set reminders about dosages and timings.
- Journal – Carers and care recipients can privately record their thoughts and feelings to track their emotions.
- Resources – dedicated resources to explain what is palliative care, the dying process, ways to support each other, grief, and pain.