Who are MND Advisors?
MND Advisors are qualified health and community care professionals with specific knowledge and experience related to MND. This support is available to:
- people who have MND
- family members
- carers and other people close to the person living with MND
- health and community care providers.
What do MND Advisors do?
- Provide information for people recently diagnosed with MND, their families and carers.
- Support the person living with MND, their family and carers by maintaining contact through home visits, telephone and email.
- Assist people living with MND to identify what services they need or may need.
- Provide referral and assistance for timely access to health and community services.
- Assist with access to MND NSW equipment/assistive technology, support groups, carer education, information sessions and volunteer assistance where available.
- Give information about, and liaise with, MND multidisciplinary clinics and services.
- Advocate on behalf of people with MND and their carers.
- Build networks with health and community care providers and provide information and education on MND.
Each MND Advisor is allocated an area of Sydney and/or NSW/ACT to be their primary focus. This enables them to develop local knowledge of the services available in their region and to create a network of contacts within these services. They periodically visit regional areas.
You can contact your MND Advisor by calling 1800 777 175 (NSW, ACT and NT).