The taxi transport subsidy scheme (TTSS) supports residents who are unable to use public transport because of their disability.
If you’re eligible, you could receive a subsidy of 50% of a taxi fare, up to a maximum subsidy of $60 per fare. This includes travel in wheelchair accessible taxis.
How to apply
New South Wales
To apply, you need to fill out an application form and provide supporting documents from your medical practitioner or treating specialist.
- Download and print the TTSS Application Form (transportnsw.info) or call 131 500 to request a form by mail.
- Complete Part A of the form
- Ask your doctor or specialist complete the relevant sections in Parts B and C.
- Ensure you sign and date the form.
- Provide two identical current colour passport size photos.
Australian Capital Territory
An application form is available here or by contacting the Taxi Subsidy Scheme Office.
ACT Revenue Office
Ph: 02 6207 0028 - Select Option 5, Sub Option 1 - Taxi Subsidy Scheme
Web: Taxi Subsidy Scheme | ACT Revenue Office - Website
Fill in the transport subsidy scheme application PDF) or call the TSS office.
For more information, contact the TSS office.
Ph: 08 8924 7229
Web: Transport subsidy and incentive schemes - NT.GOV.AU
Wheelchair Accessible Taxi
- Travelling by wheelchair accessible taxi | transportnsw.info
- You can book conventional taxis by calling a local operator, online or in the street. To book a wheelchair accessible taxifor the Sydney metropolitan area call 13 9000 or book onlineat the Wheelchair Book & Ride website. Other areas see: Transport operators | transportnsw.info
- ABOUT DRT | taxi (darwinradiotaxi.com.au)
- Book Online at ABOUT DRT | taxi (darwinradiotaxi.com.au) or call131008